1.1 What Haven Owners Forum is for
The forums are for all Haven Owners:
- to share news, views and ideas
to learn from each other
to help each other
We will build up a store of knowledge and information to help newcomers and existing owners.
- A Haven Owner is anybody who owns a Holiday Home on a Bourne Leisure Park/Site.
As well as Haven Owners, Haven Owners Forum is open to:
Anybody who is considering becoming an owner and wants information and/or advice.
Wives/husbands/family members of Haven Owners.
We now also welcome anybody who is an owner or has an interest in Holiday Homes on any other park.
- If you are a member and you stop being an owner, you can carry on using Haven Owners Forum as long as your posts are relevant and you keep to the rules.
These are the rules you agree to if you register as a member of Haven Owners Forum:
2.1 Dos and Don’ts
These are fairly simple:
- DO introduce yourself to the other members.
DO join in - the more people contribute the more we’ll all get out of it
DO try to stick to the topic and add something to what people are saying
DON’T use offensive, abusive, racist or sexist language, or post sexual or violent content, or post links to other sites with such content
DON’T use these forums to promote illegal activity (such as software theft or breach of copyright)
DON’T attempt to “name and shame” anybody
DON't send 'commercial' or 'Spam' Private Messages (PMs) to members. If you want to let them know about your business follow the rules for Advertising below.
2.2.1 Advertising your business
- Links and business information about YOUR Business in signatures are OK (see below).
- Do not post links to other sites in your first post - it will be treated as spam and removed.
After you have posted about other topics, it’s OK to post links or tell us about somebody else’s business.
- You can add a signature in your profile that will show on the bottom of all your posts.
You can use your signature for clever, witty or thought-provoking pearls of wisdom.
You can also use it for a short advertisement or links for YOUR business, or to include contact details.
- There’s a no-swearing rule on these forums, and there’s an auto-censor that blanks out the obvious swear words.
Do not try to beat the censor by using asterisks in part of an obvious swear word, or by substituting numbers instead of letters, etc - it’s still sw**ring.
- If you want to talk about other forums, please feel free to say what you think of them — good or bad — but do not say anything about the people on them, or the specific things they have said.
- Haven Owners Forum is a moderated forum — site admin and moderators can edit or remove any posts or signatures which break the rules
If your post is removed or edited, you will not be told about it.
Views expressed on these forums do not necessarily represent the views of Site Admin or our moderators. If you are unhappy about any comment, please contact Site Admin or Moderators for immediate action.
- I may delete the account of any member for any serious breaking of the rules, or for repeated minor breaking of the rules.
These policy statements describe what you can expect from Haven Owners Forum — my promises and obligations to you as a member.
3.1 About Site Admin
- My name is Keith Stott. I am the sole director of Pathfinder Enterprises and my company owns this site and the domain name, as well as several other sites and domains.
Haven Owners Forum includes reciprocal links with these other sites, but I will not use this site to promote any business interests, except by the same means that are available to any Haven Owners Forum member.
- Any Haven Owners Forum member may contact me regarding Haven Owners Forum by email or private message through my forum profile, or by email using one of the links on other pages of the site, and I will respond to all contacts within a reasonable time. This would usually be within a couple of days, but may be up to a few weeks if I am away from home.
I reserve the right to ignore any correspondence which contains personal abuse or offensive language.
- Haven Owners Forum is completely free to use and I will not introduce any charges in the future for the use of THE FORUM.
Membership is restricted to the classes of persons described above, and members may be removed or banned as described in the rules. Membership will not be declined or terminated on any other basis.
- Members’ passwords are encrypted in the Haven Owners Forum database and I do not have any means of seeing them.
I will not use members’ personal data for any purpose other than is necessary to run the forum.
I will not sell or give members’ names, email addresses, or any other data to any third party, except a legitimate legal authority
- I may occasionally send bulk emails or PMs to members for the purpose of passing on important information about Haven Owners Forum, but not for advertising.
I will not allow any third party to send bulk emails to members for any purpose.
I will not send bulk emails/PMs to members on behalf of any third party, except in exceptional circumstances, for example in the interests of security.
- Any Haven Owners Forum member can ask for their account to be deactivated/removed by sending me a private message (not email) and I will deactivate/delete the account within a reasonable time.